If you’re starting an affiliate website there are some SEO marketing procedures that you can follow to ensure that you don’t get caught up in the Google update. Several times a year, Google implements core updates to its inner workings and most recently updated its algorithm. This means that the search engine is changing how it interprets websites, which can in turn influence the rankings and traffic of your company websites, which can impact your revenue.
To help to stay on the right side of this, there are certain things in your SEO marketing that you should avoid, as well as some things that will help to boost your SEO efforts and increase the effectiveness of your marketing, allowing you to rank higher on Google searches.
The aim of an affiliate marketing website is to help solve user questions and provide content that users will want to return to. Ideally, you’ll be able to create content that people want to share and subscribe to, increasing your audience reach and the number of hits you’re receiving on your affiliate links. This should be the same no matter the topics you are talking about or the products/services you are promoting, you should always be creating high-quality content.
Explain to users why they should trust you and format your content so that it directly answers customer questions and solves their problems. You should be engaging and entertaining, making people feel welcome on your website. Trust is so important in marketing an affiliate site, and without it, you will not be able to succeed.
If you want to succeed as an affiliate website with the new Google update, there are some things that you should be sure to avoid. Here are some “don’ts” for SEO marketing success with the new Google update:
- Don’t sell backlinks
- Don’t make use of link farms
- Don’t use blog comments for backlinks
- Don’t take part in roundups
- Don’t join every single program
- Don’t create pages that are thin
- Don’t make content about lots of products or niches
- Don’t use any HTML taken directly from an affiliate program or network
- Don’t rank your higher-paying links above others
Now that the negatives are out of the way, we’ll focus on the positives. Here are some of the best practices for making the most out of your SEO marketing campaign with the new Google update:
- Do create content which answers a question or provides a solution for the reader
- Do mark every affiliate link with a “sponsored” tag so that customers are aware of what links are generating income
- Do choose your website theme carefully to help engage users for a long time
- Do include video demonstrations you have created by yourself
- Do upload any images and content that you have made yourself, instead of taken from a third-party
- Do structure your content properly with internal links, lists and H tags
- Do be honest in every product or service review
- Do choose your niche and stay within that niche. This will help users always know what to expect from your content.
- Do use information and specifications directly from the manufacturers that are presented in a unique and engaging way
- Do place UGC on every outbound link that is on your site, particularly if you are allowing visitors to interact and comment on your content.
If you’re trying to create good affiliate marketing content, then you should work to make sure that the content you are sharing is relevant to the readers and relatable. Make sure that you are pushing your quality from being thin content to creating in-depth, good-quality content. This could include showing examples of your product being used, how it can solve problems and why the consumer should use your product. You should then include some specifications such as safety features, materials used and any unique selling points that your product has. From there, you may want to include instructions on how to use the product, as well as any common problems or questions that your customers have come across, with answers and solutions to all of these. You may end with the product’s compatibility with other brands and products, as well as some alternatives for viewers to check out. This will improve trust and loyalty to your affiliate partner program.
If you follow this format, you will be able to provide your consumers with not only the answers to their problems but also create content that does really well in terms of SEO marketing in the Google update. This will help your brand to stand out in the sea of other companies all making use of Google’s advertising capabilities, and ensure that customers are coming to you for a quality product and service.